Recent Posts

Monday, July 2, 2012

5280 magazine names yours truly Denver's top interior designer!


Two months ago, I received a rather mysterious email from 5280, Denver's city magazine. I was going to be featured in an upcoming issue and could they double-check some facts. A few days later came another request, this time for photos of my house. Damn, if I wasn't curious, but I couldn't pry it out of anyone what was going on.

Late last night, I received an email from a marvelous woman named Megan letting me know she'd seen me profiled in 5280 and asking if I'd be interested in helping her with her home. I rushed out like my pants were on fire to pick up a copy. It turns out I've been named "Denver's Top Interior Designer" in this year's "Top of the Town" issue!!!


"Raina Cox, the Denver tastemaker behind [If the Lamp Shade Fits], a popular interior design blog, makes us feel like we’re part of the cool kids club. Her tone is snarky but informed and silly but sharp, and her Bohemian-contemporary, midcentury-modern finds have us dreaming up house projects that are legitimately worthy of Pinterest. Cox moved to Denver in 2009, and she’s been passing along meaty local design tidbits ever since (one of her favorite spots to shop is Joy’s Consigned Furnishings on East Hampden). She turns up good stuff—and we have to agree with her blog’s tagline: 'Life is too short to live ugly.'" 

Q: How fab does my living room look in that photo?
A: Quite.

Good God! I'm happier than a freed Katie Holmes (seriously, maybe Chris Klein can finally meet his daughter). I would be remiss if I didn't thank the incredibly good-looking and well-dressed people at 5280 who put this together: Editor-in-chief Daniel Brogan, Senior Editor Julie Dugdale, Editorial Assistant Lindsey McKissick, and Photo Intern Kristen Pierson. I love y'all more than my luggage!

5280 [official site]
Top of the Town 2012 [5280 magazine]

30 comments:

David said...

Girl, you're going to be busy here soon.

Enjoy it, its well deserved!

David said...

Also, just looked at the website and facebook photos, how great is Joy's?!

Raina Cox said...

David - Thanks! And when you come to Denver, Joy's is the first place I'm taking you. I found my living room sofa and coffee table (in the photo) there.

Robin said...

Congratulations! Today Denver, tomorrow, the world. Although weird that they would not tell you beforehand....

Things That Inspire said...

I guess you might be taking the 'semi' out of your profile description? Congratulations!

- Holly

Jessie said...

Congratulations, Raina. How exciting this is! I have a feeling you will be very busy soon! :)

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Leigh said...

Congrats! That is so exciting and well-deserved!

A Perfect Gray said...

yay! so awesome; congratulations, raina. your livingroom still makes me melt.

and I so recognize myself in 'feeling like I'm in the cool kids club' when I'm here...thanks for that.

donna

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

congratulations! that's so awesome!!

wellfedfred said...

I melt. Beyond happy for you. Envying the Denverites (is there such a word?).

Glamour Drops said...

A deliciously random bolt from the blue! Your living room looks intriguing in the photo. Congratulations!

Camilla @ Designalogue said...

Congratulations R - totally deserved lady!

Annie Smith said...

Yep, well deserved! *clap* *clap* *clap*

Your blog is one of my fave dreamy places on the net!

Rebecca said...

Bad ass!

Madam Pince said...

Congrats, Raina!

(And I agree with you about Chris Klein.)

ChrisToronto said...

Huge congrats!! And yes, your living room does look fab in that photo. Make that FAB!

industryportage said...

Congratulations! Though I lament the possibility we'll be receiving less of your posts because of the line at your door!

Design Junkie said...

So cool! And well deserved. Brava!

Margaret said...

Kudos, Raina! And, they can feature your new "Camp Fire Meets Wild West" decor, too!

Basking is the best, dear! Make sure all of your alma maters see this.

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Oh wow, how did it take me two days to see this bit of glory?
So, so well-deserved and how fabu to have a design project (or two!!) lined up!
Here's a woot-woot to you dearest and yes, that living room has long looked sublime.
Cheers, Alcira Molina-Ali

Lausi said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! You've been such an inspiration ever since I came across your blog.

Thanks for sharing your talent with all your dumplings :)))))

Go you, Raina!

Martha said...

Yay! Yes! Booya! You go! Etc, etc, etc! Could not be happier for you, and it is sooooooo well deserved. And to think, I knew you when. Congrats, my friend!

Mr. Goodwill Hunting said...

Congratulations!


Stick it to 'em!


Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Keri said...

Congrats Raina!

La Boheme said...

Oh lalala! Congratulations Raina, so happy to read this! Go Raina, go Raina.

Bromeliad said...

Yaaaay!

The Down East Dilettante said...

There are some of us who have known it all along---if your phone stops ringing long enough to for you to check these messages, BIG CONGRATS!!!

Designers' Brew said...

YAY CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jill said...

Congrats!! Cheers!! Cin Cin!!

SHERRY HART said...

Awe
some
girl.