Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The veddy heady Loulou's opens in Mayfair, London


Robin Birley, heir to the London club empire of Mark’s, Harry’s Bar and Annabel’s, recently opened Loulou's, named for his aunt and Yves Saint Laurent muse Loulou de le Falaise. Birley trusted fashion designer Rifat Ozbek (with a little help from Jane Ormsby Gore) with the £30 million renovation of the former Tiddy Dols, a high-end brothel. Cheers!




 


The club's namesake.

Photos: Jonathan Becker for Vanity Fair.

Life Begins at 8:30 [Vanity Fair]

6 comments:

Camilla @ Designalogue said...

hmm.
in other news, its high on my project wish list to do a high end brothel.

Margaret said...

Bring back Biba!

Modern Country Lady said...

I die of ecstasy ( almost ). Those moor lamps are to die for.. o, if only Rifat Ozbek would waive his fee and would help with my humble abode...

sherri said...

my god, woman, your hair looks fantabulous. and your glasses. I'll have to go back and actually look at the post, but had to comment on that first.

Sharon Brown said...

As a short hair wearer myself, I like your hair a lot!

Robin said...

The dining room is a bit too Under The Sea/Little Mermaid for me but I love the rest of it -- especially the makeup mirrors in the barrel-ceilinged room!