Recent Posts

Thursday, August 2, 2012

H&M Home hits the U.S. in 2013


We're some smug sumbitches living in the U.S. of A., what with our freestyle soda machines and super efficient electoral college. But what we haven't had is direct access to Europe's greatest resource of low-priced end-of-the-decorating-trend-cycle home goods. Dumplings, mark you calendars for sometime early next year, because H&M has announced distribution of its Home collection Stateside!


"Divided according to the different rooms of the house, the trend-driven collection mines themes seen on the runways. [...] Applying its fast-fashion doctrine to home products, H&M produces three main collections each season and introduces a large number of accessories and furnishings every two weeks." Categories include kitchen, bedding, bath, decorative accessories and kids' rooms.


One part IKEA and two parts Target bad and bath department, the H&M Home collection promises cheaply-made decorating solutions for every corner of your humble abode. Current campaigns include "Decadent Glamour" (which looks neither decadent nor particularly glamorous), a watered-down version of Designers Guild called "Feminine Bohemian," and a disturbing pop bright feline-themed bedding ensemble named "Pretty Kitty" which I hope is meant for the tween market. It all looks so promising!!


Photos via H&M Great Britain.

10 comments:

Nichole Loiacono said...

I cannot tell you the slew of happy profanity that just came out of my mouth. It's about time they came Stateside!

David said...

I'm on board with Decadent Glamour in theory! The manifestation does appear to be a let-down.

court. said...

awesome!

wellfedfred said...

I think that I shall never see
OMG is that a tree?
A tree that may in summer wear
My cast-off tee shirts in her hair
Poems are made by fools like me
And H&M has made a tree.

Raina Cox said...

wellfedfred - I love you more than my luggage.

Modern Country Lady said...

Never bought anything from them myself.The prices are pretty amazing but I am not sure I woudl want anything in the house like that.I'll stick with vintage finds I guess!!

Margaret said...

More for me if not for thee!
Loving the Hand towel in jacquard-weave cotton. Yep, I'll bite.

Jessie said...

It's about time! Thanks for the heads up, Raina. You are the best!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Bromeliad said...

If only they had e-commerce. My life would be complete.

Bromeliad said...

p.s. I like your new About Me.