Recent Posts

Friday, September 14, 2012

New photos of the Nate Berkus Collection for Target


On October 21st, the Nate Berkus Collection will debut at Target. The Oprah-anointed design star found inspiration for the line in "everything from Swedish antiques to midcentury modern to Milan design from the ’70s." An affinity for "crafts, basketry and metalwork" can also be seen in the 150 pieces. Berkus has created items reflecting his signature style of a "collected" environment: "The whole [collection] is focused on accessories and objects. I see every horizontal surface as an opportunity."

The line, a long-term design partnership, will be refreshed twice a year: "My colors for the fall are deeper and earthier. Then they will lighten up in the spring. I only used two colors in each product because they’re easier to incorporate." Berkus cites the work of fellow designers Jacques Grange, Gio Ponti, Axel Vervoordt and Andrée Putman as personally influential: "In the mass market you need to know what the best things are."

 Lacquer faux tortoise wall decor, $39.99 each.

 Bedding, $24.99-$89.99.

 Brass bowls, $7.99-$14.99.

 Curtain panels, $24.99 each.

 Towels, $5.99-$9.99 each.

Shower curtain, $24.99. Bath mats, $19.99 each.

 Brass vases, $19.99-$24.99.

 Throw pillows, $24.99.

 Fabric-covered tray, $24.99. Decorative urchin, $9.99.

 Ram's head, $14.99. Photo frame, $12.99. Studded tray, $24.99.

Branch lamp base, $49.99. Drum shade, $24.99.


Photos courtesy of Target.

16 comments:

sanctuaryhome said...

There are a few gems in there and a whole lot of ehh. Why is he doing tortoise shells? Didn't Kelly Wearstler peak that trend about 3 years ago?

Annie Smith said...

I do like the brass fetish.

Raina Cox said...

sanctuaryhome - It's a Berkus signature:

http://tinyurl.com/8ppt8rv

http://tinyurl.com/9oabmhs

An Urban Cottage said...

I just looked through Target's Fall Home Look Book and I have to say I really like several of the Threshold items but not in love with Nate's stuff. I like the task lamp in the first photo but, oops, I think it's just a prop.

Raina Cox said...

Annie Smith - Me love brass long time, too.

An Urban Cottage - I thought some of the Threshold stuff was great, especially the Platner-esque side table and woven felt basket with rope knot handles. Oh, and I about fell over at the price of the hammered steel tub - a BARGAIN if I ever saw one.

Jessie said...

Thanks for the heads up, Raina. Those brass bowls are awesome, loving the towels too!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Unknown said...

This stuff is headed straight for the yard sale.

Matters of Style said...

Good stuff! Love the gold faux tortoise shells. Real ones creep me out. And smell. Gag

Petra Voegtle said...

Any replica from dead animals or animal parts freak me out - don't we have already enough garbage in the world that pollute land and sea? I just don't understand why "designers" continue with these abominations...

Interior Design Musings said...

Thinking the brass turtle shell will be totally gone, the others not so much - $10 urchins, totally gone. Have to confess, it always makes me sad when I see some of my favorite trends hit Target - once it hits main stream it's done :( M.

David said...

Hello from the minority! I like a lot of it. I'd hack that white tortoise shell into sconces for our navy blue guest bedroom.

I'd buy the brass vases, fabric-covered tray, urchin, ram's head and the branch vase too.

Petra Voegtle said...

Sorry Raina - I hit the button too quickly - these animal replica freak me out because they look so cheap - as if made in plastics...

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

I'm lovin the gold and linen throw pillow and the rams head and the navy themed pillow + tray...definitely some items that I'll stop and take a look at!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Is this going to be another Missoni fiasco? Hope I can order some of this stuff online - some great pieces but I'm not willing to wait in line and run over old people with my shopping cart to get this stuff.

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Raina Cox said...

Kim - It's a long term multi-year contract with a minimum of two seasonal introductions a year.

The elderly in your neighborhood are safe. ;)

Bromeliad said...

Like the lamp.

Won't be able to get my hands on any of it anyway.