Recent Posts

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A first look at the Target + Neiman Marcus holiday collection

 Tracy Reese blouse, $79.99.
I want this with every fiber of my being.
To make throw pillows out of.

Dumplings, none of my predictions for the Target + Neiman Marcus holiday collection were realized. Instead, most of the 24 designers (all members of the Council of Fashion Designers of America which will receive a $1 million donation from T-town and Needless Mark-ups) chose very safe designs on some very safe gift items.

 Tracy Reese dessert plates, $39.99 for set of 4.
Very Z Gallerie. That's not a good thing.

 Tory Burch lunchbox, $19.99.
There will literally be blood spilled for this item at my local store.

 Rag & Bone shot glasses, $19.99 for set of 4.
They say "Rag & Bone" on them. Gross.

 Rodarte wrapping paper, $7.99.
It's the moon and it's awesome.

 Diane von Furstenberg jewelry box, $49.99.
That's about $45 too much.

 Philip Crangi photo frame, $49.99.
Yeah, I had to look him up, too.

Philip Crangi trinket box, $69.99
'Twould work nicely with the Nate Berkus items you're going to pick up Sunday.

So whatcha think? Pricey, no? The collection will be featured in both Target and Neiman stores, so I understand the price points. It also means the clothing may be of decent quality unlike most Target designer collabos. Will any of it make your holiday wish list?

First Looks: Target + Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection [New York Magazine's "The Cut" blog]

13 comments:

Interior Design Musings said...

OK, I do like the moon wrapping paper. It might make cool wallpaper in the right space or at least framed. The rest - ehhhh. M.

Sam [The Peak of Tres Chic] said...

LOVE your recap- especially your comment about those plates looking a little too much like Z Gallerie and that not being a good thing. Couldn't agree more. I want that TB lunchbox, though!!

Nichole Loiacono said...

Ummm, I'm with you on the pillow making! That would be great! Also diggin' the moon paper! Art anyone?

The Pink Pagoda said...

Nothing here is all that intriguing. The wrapping paper is the best, but not worth the trip. And that top is hideous. Yikes.

David said...

I really like the Eddie Borgo (who?) letter opener and the Rodarte ornament. And you're right about the Rodarte paper, it's great.

Even though its as gay as a tote bag of rainbows I kind of dig the Thom Browne mens blazer.

bagelbrookefarm said...

i'm sure you're right that everyone will kill for a chance to become 'joe lunch-bucket,' and it might be nice to have a moon at which to howl all the time, the rest of it could be used very nicely to poison wells.

5th and State said...

still find this to be an odd collaboration. basically........yawn!

debra

Lausi said...

OMG... these are all so gorgeous. It's a good thing I'm far, far away from the next Target shop. With our current house-project going on, there's no way my budget would allow for a shopping spre like that *sigh*

Thanks for sharing, Raina.

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

I don't make it to Target as often as I did, when the kids were small. Overpriced? Probably won't matter, since they will probably be gone, by the time I get there!

lucitebox said...

The first person I see riding that bike is going to be ridiculed by me.

hush said...

The TB lunchbox and thermos, and the moon wallpaper (framed, please) are very good.

My friend's little girl will make her First Communion this year, and that white Marchesa girls beaded dress would make a very stylish choice.

Raina Cox said...

hush - I thought that dress was lovely, too. One of the better pieces in the collection.

Decora Adora said...

Raina I love you blog. and you post
saludos desde Chile