Recent Posts

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pantone's Color of 2013 - Emerald


Pantone, the go-to supplier for every lazy art museum gift shop buyer the world over, announced it's Color of the Year for 2013 - Emerald. 

Does this look like jade to anyone else? I think of emerald as a much deeper color with a skosh more yellow to it.

Anywho, onto the obligatory emerald interiors photos...

Anthropologie catalog.

The Bible.
(BTW, two of its authors should be sainted. The other deserves 
a flocked wallpaper room in Hell for running The Magazine into the ground.)

The lobby of the Viceroy Miami by Kelly Wearstler.

Toile X-bench from Horchow.

Steven Gambrel.

P.S. I googled "jade" or "malachite" for all of these photos.

Photos: 3. KWID, 4. Eric Piasecki for Elle Decor.

9 comments:

An Urban Cottage said...

I'd say Andes Candies. I thought it would be emerald last year and they came out with Mango Tango or whatever it was. I would have guessed Marine this year--not that it keeps me up at night--so I go one record for next years color being Marine. Or something like Boo Berry.

David said...

Is it me or does it seem totally arbitrary? Like maybe there was a meeting to decide and the boss came in carrying a green handbag and someone said "Emerald!"

Raina Cox said...

An Urban Cottage - I'm ready for a blue to sink my teeth into.

David - Or is it also a rejection of the yellow-greens which have dominated for the past decade?

Chedva said...

I would have loved to see the REAL emerald get "color of the year". This one is a little blah for me.

Catriona said...

On my laptop, the cover of Farrow & Ball's "Paint and Colour in Decoration" is also a similar hue - and it's been around for nearly 10 years!

http://www.amazon.ca/Paint-Colour-Decoration-Tom-Helme/dp/1844030385/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354881100&sr=8-2

Jill said...

I also thought it was a bit light (and not blue-hued enough) for a true emerald. However...I love the deeper greens, so I'll take it.

My Interior Life said...

It's like a deep seafoam green not emerald, but whatevs. I love malachite and all its related hues. My birthstone is emerald and that ain't it, but I'll pretend it's deeper and richer.

Raina Cox said...

Chedva - Agreed.

Catriona - There's nothing new under the sun, is there?

Jill - I'm a fan of nearly any green, though I loathe anything minty.

My Interior Life - I'm a May baby, too. I knew there was a reason I like you. ;)

mamacita said...

Ok, you don't have to tell me, but it will make me crazy: which Domino editor ran it into the ground?