Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Crate & Barrel says "Yay for Gays!"


While perusing Crate & Barrel's "January Inspiration 2013" catalog last night, I was stopped in my tracks at page 56. In a section entitled "Us&Always," two men of two different races are depicted cooking and then enjoying a candlelit dinner together at home with the following tag line:


Holeee SHIT and BRAVO, Crate & Barrel. I can only hope with you and JCPenney (whodathunk that one?) leading the way, other retailers will embrace what many of us consider normal in our own lives and in those of our family and friends.
 

And, C&B, I am overlooking the fact this is the last section of the catalog. Please move my brothers (and sisters) from the back of the bus book.

12 comments:

KP said...

Well said!!
Bravo!

jtc said...

Amen

An Urban Cottage said...

They needed to do something to drag them out of the '80s.

Squeak said...

Holeee SHIT and BRAVO, indeed! Way to go, Crate & Barrel and JCPenney!

Annie Smith said...

Applause!! They are cute together. ;)

Camilla @ Designalogue said...

ditto - well said!

Kathy said...

I'd much rather look at these two cuties on the cover than a table or bowl. C&B needs to listen to you....

JRSConifer said...

I saw that too and loved the campaign. Kudos to C&B, they will get my next furniture dollars.

yippee said...

This is just overwhelmingly wonderful, even if they were relegated to the back of the bus. Recognition of reality at long last.

The Down East Dilettante said...

I heart you.

David said...

It used to be you'd kind of smile to yourself when you saw another gay couple out shopping for a couch or rug, now there we are in the catalog!

ChrisToronto said...

sounds like good marketing to me. I'll add my hallelujah to the chorus!