Recent Posts

Friday, February 22, 2013

New Nate Berkus for Target - photos!!


I was at my nearest Target this morning (I have four within 15 minutes of the house) and they had set the Nate Berkus endcap two days early. So quick like a crazed decorator I started snapping photos. He wasn't kidding about the neutrals and metallics, and there is a definite summer vibe to it all.


Those turtle shells were still sticking around at this location, though they were on clearance at another. Most of the debut collection is now 70% off, at least in the Denver stores. The pineapple (upper left) that looked so cute in the video is actually cheapo resin in a weird pale greenish creamy yellow.


The two pillows are cutwork and really pretty for the price. I'm not sure what the round baskets are for other than coffee table filler.


What say you, Dumplings, anything you're dying for?

13 comments:

DaniBP said...

Dying for! I'm running screaming in the other direction!
Dying to get away from it!
Thanks for taking these photos and reminding me not to go to Target. Have an excellent weekend Darling!

Raina Cox said...

DaniBP- Ha ha! It seems Sir Cutie Pie is going for the blandest common denominator with this season's collection. What is one supposed to do with all of those baby vases?

Camilla said...

Nothing there floats my boat.

ita darling. said...

Im pretty tired of the capsule collections.. they are always so disappointing... (I live in France and even the ones here are generally meh.. e.g Tsumori Chisato for Petit Bateau or Antik Batik for Monopirx..) Also tired of mass produced "ethnic" accessories.. it's starting to become very Pier 1... Nate Berkus can do better than knocking off Addlerish white ceramics (knocked off of Danish mid century)... I have a similar lidded handmade African basket that I bought in Africa (although a lot larger), and I used to to store my swimsuits and sarongs since I was low on drawer space.. Nate's version could be a decent trashcan in a home office... maybe.. I think he should stick to pillows... everything else looks derivative and staid.

Japanese Trash said...

Thanks, oh intrepid photojournalista! Not feeling most of this but the $14.99 brass vase in your last pic is kinda calling my name...

5th and State said...

dying of boredom. been there done that........yawn

My Crafty Home Life said...

I actually like some of the baskets. I would need to see them in person.

Vyala-Arts said...

This all looks only cheap to me - disappointing...

Pam Kersting said...

I agree with DaniBP above. Nate Berkus is no Michael Graves or Phillip Stark ...

Mama Ladykins said...

The black lampshade is ok, but I bet it's an Uno.

A.J.Barnes said...

It always looks better in the store, but never comes home with me. overall nate's product is not always as cute as nate!

Jessie said...

I went to Target yesterday to check out the goods myself. I like the geometric pillows and the brass vases. Others not so much.

Jessie

Bromeliad said...

The baskets with the criss cross handles look cool.