Recent Posts

Thursday, February 21, 2013

New Nate Berkus goodies for Target



It's all about neutrals and metallics this spring, probably because Kelly green and mustard-colored turtle shells scared the bejeesus out of the flyover states. The dipped bowl and Adler-esque pineapple may have to come home with me.

Did anyone catch Berkus on Oprah's Sunday Hour of Power, Inspiration and General Opracity? He spoke movingly about losing his boyfriend in the 2004 tsunami and about the failure of his television show. (He realized on the second day of pre-production meetings the format was doomed.) Berkus mentioned the possibility of coming to OWN with a weekly rather than daily decorating program. Part I here and Part II here.

8 comments:

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

So we're back to beige!? I was never a fan of his show, but his talent as a designer - stellar.

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Evie said...

I think he is outrageously handsome...and I am still sad about his show not making it.

Little Bitty Damn Houze said...

Yes I did watch part 1, thanks for posting them both! Love the white pineapple, although don't know WHERE I would put it. Good post.

jason said...

oh, he...irritates me to no end (jealousy no doubt), but I do like some of his rooms.
His Target stuff is, alas, very cheap looking...well, to me....though I do have two of his pillows which I love.

Raina Cox said...

jason - You sound conflicted, Sweetheart. ;)

Jessie said...

I know it's unrelated but I can't take my eyes off that brass floor lamp, it's gorgeous!

Jessie

Raina Cox said...

Jessie - My eyes lit up when I saw that, and then I realized no way would T-town ever carry something so cutting edge.

Pigtown*Design said...

I never felt like he was comfortable running the show. He is such a charming man, but it never came across like that on the show, unless he was reallllly intersted in what he was talking about.