Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Kathryn Ireland takes it off


Kathryn Ireland (the oft tipsy L.A. interior designer, not the cheesy supermodel) has a new fabric collection out for Scalamandré that includes a semi-racy new ad campaign in the spirit of Ingres' Grande Odalisque

I first saw the ad a few days ago on Alicia's blog, and my friend Alcira emailed it today while I was at lunch with the Hubs. I showed him the photo, he shook his head and said,"You live in a different world." Ha ha! Decorators do, don't we?

Ireland is the keynote speaker at the Denver Design District's May Market Launch next month. I already have my seat reserved, and you can bet I will be bringing a copy of the ad for her to autograph.

Dumplings, what are your thoughts? Is the campaign too racy for such a staid fabric house or is it pure Ireland?

17 comments:

Sam [The Peak of Tres Chic] said...

She cracks me up!! Good for her for having the courage to do this but it really just makes me laugh. :)

Beth said...

After watching her for a few seasons on Million Dollar Decorators, I'd say the ad is pure her.

An Urban Cottage said...

Genius. Airbrushing notwithstanding.

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I love it but is she aware that the "Odalisque" is a chambermaid? However beautiful.
It is one of my favorite paintings by Ingres.

David said...

It's awesome, and frankly Scalamandre could use a bit of racy now and then.

Joanna Wissinger said...

Cute but the fabrics still look boring.

Debra Phillips said...

LOVE
brilliant of scalamandre & cheeky for ireland

jtc said...

I'll drink to that

Modern Country Lady said...

Fantastic.Get a copy signed for me too!

Jessie said...

This ad makes me chuckle. It doesn't feels racy but cheeky!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

home before dark said...

I think it is quite ravishing, bold and exotic. And Kathryn doesn't look too bad either!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

HA! so her!

Unknown said...

thank you all for your great coments... I now have new respect for models...... and no I didnt know that Odalisque was a chambermaid.. are we sure on that? That makes it even more fun.... I would love to say it was my ideas but it came from the genius new president of Scalamandre, Steven Stolman... Come by and visit my W Hollywood showroom and I'll show you the collection if any of you are in the hood..

Kathryn

Nancy said...

I think it was a great marketing move. It brings attention to the line, for sure! Out of the box, and brilliant.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

The Down East Dilettante said...

The Dilettante is Amused.

justine Lemmon said...

Love it!

Pigtown*Design said...

She looks terrific.