Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Random news round-up


J. Crew's executive creative director and president Jenna Lyons professes her ongoing love affair with the "it girl" of flushmounts: "It's hard when the finance team is used to putting a light fixture in the store that costs $2,000 and I'm like, 'Well, I want an $8,000 fixture,'" says Lyons. "You have to get people to understand why having that Serge Mouille light fixture is better, because it's beautiful and people will know something's different. Maybe when you look at that $200 cashmere sweater, you'll feel like, 'Oh, yeah, look at the store, it's so beautiful. This $200 sweater is a steal.'" She's a crafty one, that Jenna.


(I can confirm the two mall locations of J.Crew near me are sans Serge. Also, in searching for a photo of Lyons' bedroom, I came across a new-to-me shot of the basement rec room in her infamous former brownstone. What do we think of the beanbags?)



Introducing the world's most expensive flat-pack furniture.


The executive producer of Downton Abbey announced a line of homewares, furniture and wallpapers inspired by the plum-mouthed British TV series. Look for roll-arm sofas and wonky bergères in polyester damasks and velvets. The hangtags will feature a Dowager Countess side-eye.

7 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Do they think that people will spend that on "put together" furniture?

Nancy said...

That is my favorite all time fixture.. great thinking and high style. Not big on the bean bags but I LOVE everything else in her basement. Have a great day Raina.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Lekalia Interiors said...

side-eye. you crack me up!

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Beanbag chairs are the Jabba the hut of furniture. No thank you.

Raina Cox said...

Kerry Steele - Ah ha ha ha!! Comment of the Day.

Jill said...

Bean bag chairs look like crap but are incredibly comfortable. I could do some days-long movie watching in those...

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Llast time I walked into a J. crew my sister threatened to slit her wrist if we didn't leave. Haven't been back since. Wonder what kind of light fixture ours has....