Recent Posts

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Why Lonny is a blog in big girl panties


Filed under "News from the Lonny Team": "We knew we were into Kelly Wearstler before we even met her—her irreverently glam design aesthetic has inspired us since her early days. Then we met the designer at her Beverly Hills house, and were smitten...and today, she pushed us over the edge into full-fledged adoration!

Waiting at my desk this morning was this impeccably-wrapped gift from Ms. Wearstler herself, thanking us for the
May cover story. What the box contained was absolutely stunning, but I couldn't help but share this amazing gift-wrapping idea from the mind of KW; a monochromatic symphony of black splattered paper and black sueded cord. And a bit of envelope-inscription whimsy. Consider us inspired—and so very grateful!"

(Bolds mine.)

11 comments:

ita darling. said...

its kind of driving me nuts wondering what was in the box?! thats a little rude dontchathink?

Jill said...

I think my screen is wet from the slobber coming off that News Flash.

PP@pimpmybricks.wordpress.com said...

I feel a bit heretical admitting to this, but I just don't get all the moistness surrounding Ms Wearstler. My boat? It's in dry dock.

Kimberly Lemmon said...

Is Lonny the chicken or the egg?

Kristen said...

your readers have the best comments.

Raina Cox said...

Kristen - They do! I wish we all lived in the same neighborhood, so we could have nightly cocktail design gossip parties.

David said...

I want to know what was in there too. I'm thinking jewelry from the size of the box.

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Maybe the reason it wasn't mentioned, was because the gift wasn't as exciting as the wrap.

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

And, if I hear the word "smitten" once more, I'll spit! (Don't worry. Just a figure of speech!) Where did this word come from, (besides the dictionary)? I have never heard a person actually use this word, until getting knee deep in the blogging world.

Interior Design Musings said...

OK, I think KW does have some cool designs (they Wow me most often than not), but that gift looks like she dug out some leftover paper (probably reused from a kid's birthday party) and the string from a previous design project. Do we have to act like everything she does is so chic and purposeful? I could care less what was in the box! M.

jason said...

Gosh, I hope it's not ricin.