Recent Posts

Monday, August 12, 2013

Paola Navone for Crate & Barrel


Italian furniture and interior designer Paola Navone is on a tear. In May, she debuted a collaboration with twee lifestyle purveyor Anthropologie. On September 9th, Navone hits the retailing dance floor with a new partner, Crate and Barrel.

The designer was asked "to envision an affordable home line with the prompt: 'What would you do if you were having people over for dinner?' In response, Navone has designed all the components of her ideal dining room, from splotchy blue-and-white glazed plates to high-backed Windsor chairs to red steel hanging lights to a dining table with a tiled top and legs of reclaimed teak. "

To kick off the highly anticipated collection, C&B's newest Teapot of the Month features a Navone design and will be available September 1st.

7 comments:

N K said...

love those plates! need to get me some.

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

The plates are kind of like the crazy but cool Aunt to a traditional collection of blue and white porcelain. I bet they'd mix well in certain company.

An Urban Cottage said...

Is it me or is the plate design an abstracted octopus and the fork a fishing net?

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Love the plates...not so sure about the flatware.

SHERRY HART said...

Dang....I'm in my car now...love that plate!

The Office Stylist said...

Umm, those plates!?!?!! So fab! Obsessed!!

--Sayeh, The office Stylist

laura@imnotatrophywife.com said...

Love the tea pot. I think the plates would make me dizzy. Racking my brain on "who in the hell is Jonathon Adler?" My brain is filled with needless bits of nothing important, but I'm like I recognize the name, but maybe I don't. #MDLLA? #Bravo #designer???? Complete mind blank. laura@imnotatrophywife.com