Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A congressman's "Schock-ing" decorating scandal


This is Congressman Aaron Schock (R-Ill) who is totally not gay.


He recently hired a design firm named Euro Trash to decorate his congressional office suite. 


In a tribute to Downton Abbey's Red Room.


Which is totally not gay.

How did the world come to find out about this neo-Edwardian fabulousness? A Washington Post reporter happened to be ambling by and was accosted by the decorator who was serendipitously in the offices. In short order, the congressman's communications director discovered the reporter's presence and that said reporter was documenting the ruby splendor. A hissy fit ensued with a demand made for the photos to be deleted from the reporter's phone. Because the universe is sometimes justly balanced and perfectly aligned, the photos remained untouched.

In a Downton-like twist, it turns out the Republican congressman accepted the decorating services as a gift, a violation of House rules, and has previously voted to defund PBS.

12 comments:

eddielicious said...

Ooooh that was big news here in IL last night. They left out the gay part but I was totally thinking "how gay it was to have a Downton Abbey themed office" You may have just outed him LOL

Angie said...

You crack me up!
I'm so glad you are back with your cutting edge investigative journalism of very serious issues in our nations capitol.
Sincerely,
A concerned US Citizen

Angie said...

*nation's capitol

Coulda shoulda woulda said...

Does Amal clooney have a sister he can quickly marry?

Charlotte Skinner said...

The best part of this story is the design firm's name I s Euro Trash. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

This is the best story I've heard in quite some time.

Unknown said...

I would never have gotten to enjoy this story without you!! Love that you are back posting. I wish you and your family well.

gmjl said...

Gay or straight, he has lousy taste...

penelopebianchi said...

I clicked on that Gawker post..and tears were streaming down my face laughing!

Are you kidding? Gay as the day is long; and how pathetic that he is not PROUD of it!

I am married to a divine straight man; however; I must say that most of the rest of my favorite men on this earth (and some no longer here.....are gay!!!)

How sad. It is completely true. My fave was one comment was that "if that belt was in the men's department; a straight guy would think it had been misplaced"!!

No kidding!

I LOVE your blog!!!

David said...

I'm the sort of gay who doesn't shy away from an exuberant floral arrangement and even I wouldn't allow that feather concoction. Or that wall color.

eddielicious said...

He resigned yesterday.

Raina Cox said...

eddielicious - I saw that! It sounds like poor decor decisions were the least of his shenanigans.