Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

You're watching 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt', right?


I know two things - decorating and celebrities. So when Martin Short's character "Dr. Sidney Grant, D, DS, DDSOBGYN" (pronounced "Dr. Franff") was introduced on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, I nearly wet myself. What did real-life dermatologist and sculptor of Madonna's current Silly Putty visage Dr. Frederic Brandt ever do to series co-creator Tina Fey?

Get yourself over to Netflix, tune in to UKS Season 1 Episode 4 and fast forward to 10:10 for the genius that is Martin Short.

6 comments:

Debra Phillips said...

thanks raina for the heads up, martin short is my fav

Pigtown*Design said...

Ok. that's pretty funny. we had a friend who dated a guy who was a DDS/OBGYN. We used to call him Knickers, Knackers & Knockers. She went to him after she married someone else and ended up having triplets and then twins. Can you say revenge???

Don Richards said...

I'm completely in love with the show and am recommending it to everyone. Carol Kane describing her dead husband should win her an Emmy.

greatlakeslounger said...

OMG! This made my day.
I watched the whole series last weekend and am r-watching it this week. I nearly split stitches when I saw Martin Short turn up. Had no idea his character was referencing this guy.
P.S. If ever there was an argument for aging gracefully...

Marcheline said...

I've loved Martin Short ever since that scene set to the song "Twistin' the Night Away" in the movie "Inner Space"...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_kLXAz1xzU

Robin said...

I just finished the series yesterday - so, so funny! The theme song is stuck in my head though!