Recent Posts

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Yours truly on the teevee


If you'd have told me when I woke up yesterday that I'd be on the news last night, I'd have thought you were high. But life is funny like that. 

When the always awesome Deidre, my Partner in Crime, asked a couple of weeks ago if I'd like to attend a bison auction I said HELLZ YES!! While Hamish Bowles is my spirit animal, buffs are my totem animal.

Several local news crews were out filming the auction of the spring calves, and I think D. and I were originally mistaken for a lesbian ranching couple. As lucky as I would be to call her my cowgirl, we let the reporter know we were merely observers (see astute description above). I was asked if I were to buy a buffalo how would I get my hypothetical purchase home.

12 comments:

Coulda shoulda woulda said...

So fun! So did you squeeze it in the Prius?

An Urban Cottage said...

I love everything about this!

DaniBP said...

I guess I would ask the same thing? Very exciting to be on the tv and as an "observer" Ha!

wellfedfred said...

Whoopi-ti-yi-yo!

Raina Cox said...

Coulda shoulda woulda - I really and truly wish I could have. They were selling for as low as $1500, the price of some pure breed dogs.

Price Style & Design said...

Seriously, you crack me up! Love this!

Sharon Brown said...

Love it!

Annie Smith said...

You're back Raina! How did I just realize. Well, so glad to see your face! Big MUAH!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

So funny. Who knew this type of auction existed?

Debra Phillips said...

jealous :-)
we never have these in chicago!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!! This Made My Day!

Pigtown*Design said...

Tooooo funny! There's an annual pony auction on the coast and people have been known to stuff ponies in the back of their cars.