Recent Posts

Thursday, May 21, 2015

The name game


Have you played the Time magazine Name Game? Jason of Night is Half Gone turned me on to it. Type in your name, birth year and sex. The game computes your name's popularity for your birth year and then gives you the name with the same popularity for each decade.

Fun fact: My father wanted to name me "Ronda." No offense to all of the lovely Rondas, but I thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster each and every day that Mom won that argument.

My "names":




7 comments:

jason said...

Emiko?
Lear?
And we talk about people today coming up with freaky names for their children.

I rather like your Roseanna and Clair, however.

Coulda shoulda woulda said...

i got Annie...

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Yes, I did try it and the results were unspeakable. My mother knows that I never liked the name Kerry but it's better than the alternatives shown.

Charlotte Skinner said...

Apparently I would be Robert in the 1940's. ????!!!!!!

Jeannine | The Small and Chic Home said...

Oh man. All of my names are stuff and old. Myranda, Mariam, Aida? Boo! :)

of this earth said...

"Sorry! We couldn't find data for girl's name "Dagny" in 1983, meaning it shows up fewer than five times."

Of course.

Raina Cox said...

of this earth - Oh no! Mine was 600-and-something which really surprised me. I thought "Raina" was more unique.