Recent Posts

Thursday, September 3, 2015

My fave 5 from the House of Bougie

 Meadowscape tables, $998.
Folkloric McWhimsington, and I fully embrace them.

Anthropologie, the sugar-spun home of twee, twinkles and fairy cake sprinkles, has released its fall home collection. As usual, it's all over the place stylistically - French country, MCM, Victoriana, Boho hippie trustafarian. But where it really shines is with its out-there pieces, many produced expressly for Anthro.

Painted Quadrant candelabra, $598.
I have no idea why it's so expensive, but then that's my internal
response after reading 9 out of 10 Anthro price tags. 

Harvest Foliage dinnerware, $14-$24.
Like most patterned Anthro pottery these days, this is a decal.
#morehandpaintingplease

Handcarved Fretwork dining table, $3098.
Priced like a white person carved it, even though we all know 
that's not true.

Persica mirrored screen, $1898.

A mash-up of Victorian sensibility, Arts and Crafts earnestness, and 
Deco curves, this foxed fox somehow wins me over.

5 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

yes, cool tables. Kinda have the feel of vintage chinoiserie pieces.

jason said...

I do like that screen.
I have to admit
A knock off of the plates I'm sure I'll be able to get at World Market soon enough.

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I believe the candelabra to be a knock-off of Dunes and Duchess. It's often done but not nice.

The term "Trustafarian" made me laugh out loud. I am all too familiar with the trust fund set and their penchant for running off (soap-free) to Colorado or Alaska in the pursuit of authentic coolness. LOL!

Gray said...

You are so damn funny. I laughed out loud too at several comments..."like a white person carved it....." omg.

ktgirl said...

Like a white person carved it. God bless you for not being PC!!