Recent Posts

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Lenny Kravitz for CB2


Two months ago, Lenny Kravitz kicked off the social media campaign for his new CB2 collection by rockin' out with his cock out (NSFW). Wait - what? That, ahem, little stunt didn't just happen to coincide with his home furnishings collabo announcement? Side-eyes all around.

Today is the official launch and as panty-droppin' delicious as Kravitz is, I can't help but feel we've seen this all before. Is anyone still decorating like this and thinking it's edgy? I mean besides Apartment Therapy readers.

If you have yet to get your '70s glam on and have a budget smaller than Lenny's endowment, then by all means...





{for Ita Darling}

8 comments:

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I am sooooooooooo over that look but you already knew that.

Charlotte Skinner said...

When I first heard of his line, I was really excited to see something fresh and innovative.....WOMP WOOOMP...YAWN....same old stuff. And yes, I'm tired of it too. But I guess there are plenty of people still buying it??!!

Don Richards said...

Somehow, I got it in my head, that this was a collection for Target. Convinced. I really was about to defend it from a price point perspective. But then, I woke up.

Sharon Brown said...

I looked at the items at CB2 and literally thought I had clicked on the wrong link, that I was missing something, that there had to be more (OK, better) items. Nope.

Sharon Brown said...

I have a request, please review the RH Modern next.

Raina Cox said...

Sharon Brown - I pay very little attention to what Restoration Hardware, excuse me, "RH" does. I heard about this announcement a few months ago and promptly round-filed in my brain. I just hopped over to the RH Modern site and Sweet Baby Jesus on Hot Buttered Toast did they ever go all in. It's going to take a few days to dig through it, but I promise you a review post.

ita darling. said...

The only piece in the line I can see being handy for people is that corner bar.. but.....

Its like he pinpointed an episode of Three's Company that showcased the Roper's Apartment, toned down the color palette and borrowed some pieces from Chrissie's room and VOILA!

Thanks for your send up Raina! So good!

xxx.

Emily said...

HI Raina,
So, I'm wondering what you think of J. Adler now? Just got his new catalog in the mail and his stuff is very 70's, especially some of the newer pieces. Thoughts?